Thursday 12 July 2007

Dinner at Dian Xiao Er in VivoCity (21-Jun-07)

We had dinner at Dian Xiao Er in VivoCity a couple of weeks ago with CC, KP, MS and PL. I’ve never been to VivoCity before, but it claims to be the biggest mall in Singapore (which is probably why I’ve never been there before!).

The restaurant is designed to look like an ancient Chinese tavern and the staff dress like something out of a cheap Channel 8 drama. It’s very popular and was busy and a little noisy when we were there. I don’t remember very well what we ate but I think we had their herbal roast duck, Dong Po pork (tasty not too fatty), Mongolian spare ribs and “house special xiao er beancurd”. I do, however, remember it was all pretty good.

By the way, don’t bother going to the VivoCity website, it doesn’t list restaurants. Don't get me started about bad website designs!

Would I come back – Yes but not if I want a quiet place to chat or didn’t want to look like I’m on the set of Crouching Tiger.
Service – Friendly, but very young. I think our waiter was about 12 years old.
Food – Good. Food was reasonably priced, well prepared and a nice change from Cantonese food.

No comments: